Baked Vanilla Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini-donut pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- Transfer batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large circular tip. Pipe dough into donut molds, filling about 1/2 or 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Add in water and stir until combined. Spread several tablespoons of sprinkles out on a small plate.
- Remove from oven and remove donuts from pan. Dip the tops of the donut into the glaze and then into the sprinkles. Let cool completely on a wire rack.