Best Grilled Salmon Recipe
4 skin-on salmon portions about 1-inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 lemon cut into wedges
- Rub flesh side of salmon portions with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over salmon portions in a shallow dish or gallon sized plastic bag. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees F.
- Place the salmon skin side up over direct heat on the grill. Close the lid and let cook 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks form.
- Use tongs or a spatula to gently flip the salmon skin side down. Either reduce the heat to medium for a gas grill, or to indirect heat for charcoal. The salmon should release easily from the grill grates. Continue cooking with the lid close for another 4 minutes until salmon is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. Salmon needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Serve salmon with lemon wedges to squeeze over just before eating.