Crispy Grilled Wings
4lbs Whole Chicken Wings or Party Wings
1/2 cup Corn Starch
2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Rub
12oz Spicy Garlic Sauce
Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce:
6oz Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
1 stick Butter
1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Granulated Onion
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Corn Starch
1 teaspoon Water
In a small pot over medium heat melt butter. Add hot sauce, garlic, honey, onion, & Worcestershire. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. In a separate small bowl combine corn starch and water into a slurry. Slowly add corn starch mixture to sauce while continuously stirring. Allow sauce to come to a slight boil and remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Use immediately on wings or store in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Separate whole wings into pieces by cutting through the joint with a sharp knife; also remove the wing tips from the flat portion. (skip this step if using party wings).
- Pour corn starch and The BBQ Rub into a gallon size ziplock bag. Add wing sections and toss to coat.
- Place wings on a wire rack to air dry and season with a little extra dry rub.
- Set up weber kettle with a charcoal vortex accessory to create indirect high heat. (similar type grills will work with the vortex).
- Fill the vortex with charcoal and light a fire starter to get the coals hot. After 20 minutes the grill should be ready to cook.
- Place the cooking grate over the hot coals and arrange the wings around the outside close to the edge of the grill (not over the coals!). Place 1 piece of wood over the coals for smoke flavor.
- Cover the grill with the lid making sure all vents are open 100%. Cook the wings for 10 minutes and flip. Continue cooking and flipping the wings as needed until the outside is brown and crunchy. Total cook time was about 30-35 minutes.
- Toss the wings in Spicy Garlic sauce (or your favorite wing sauce) and serve.