How to Cook Hanger Steak
2 hanger steaks
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Remove steaks from packaging and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub steaks on each side with olive oil. In a small bowl, stir together salt, white pepper, and black pepper. Rub onto both sides of steak.
- Get an oven safe skillet heating over high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of the butter and let melt. Add in steaks and sear 2 to 3 minutes each side. Add in remaining butter and let it melt as the meat sears, using a spoon to baste the top side of the steak with the butter as it sears.
- Once seared, place the skillet into the oven and cook until steak reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven and pan and let rest 10 minutes before serving. The internal temperature will continue to rise giving you a perfect medium-rare.