How to Grill Hanger Steak
2 Whole Hanger Steaks 3lbs each
¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
¼ cup Killer Hogs Steak Rub
16oz Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms
½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cup Red Wine
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 cloves minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons finely chopped Shallot
1 teaspoon Killer Hogs AP Rub
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over Lump charcoal. Temp should be in the 500⁰ range.
- Remove the connective tissue between each section of Hanger Steak splitting it into two pieces. Trim away any excessive silver skin or fat.
- Coat each steak with olive oil reserving 1 Tablespoon for the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Steak Rub over all sides and rest for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add 2 Tablespoons of Butter and 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil. Add garlic and shallot at sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and season with AP Rub. Toss the mushrooms in the butter mixture to coat.
- Pour in the Worcestershire and Red Wine and continue to cook until mushrooms brown and liquid reduces. Remove from grill and cover until ready to serve.
- Place each steak on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 120-125 in the center of each steak.
- Remove from grill and rest loosely covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice into desired portions and serve with mushrooms.