How to Make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lasagna pasta sheets
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in ground chicken, onion, and celery and cook 7 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in buffalo hot sauce, diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce to medium-low. Let simmer until ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour thoroughly to form a paste. Increase heat to medium-high. Whisk in the milk. Continue whisking and bring to a simmer. As the mixture gets hotter, it will thicken. Once thick, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of the bechamel sauce onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 4 noodles on top. Spread with 1/3 of the white sauce. Top with 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella. Repeat layering two more times to create three complete layers. To finish, place a final layer of pasta, topped with another 1 cup of meat sauce to cover the pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes to allow the cheese to brown. Serve hot.