How to Make Cheese Chicken Cavatappi
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream can substitute half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Seal and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss together and set bruschetta aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Cook chicken breasts in a heavy skillet over medium heat until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, flipping halfway through. Rest 5 minutes and then slice.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Add in garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and stir in mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, salt, and white pepper until cheese is completely melted and creamy. Stir in cooked pasta.
- Serve pasta hot topped with sliced chicken and sprinkle with bruschetta.