How to Make Classic Braised Beef Short Ribs
6 (about 4 pounds) bone-in short ribs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 white onion diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy, oven-safe pot over high heat. Add in olive oil and allow to heat briefly. Sear short ribs in olive oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add in onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in meat. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
- Cover and transfer to preheated oven for about 2.5 hours, until meat is tender.