How to Make Fried Cabbage
- 5-6 thick bacon strips Cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded or roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar Optional
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- Cook bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spatula to remove the bacon and place it on a plate. Do not discard the bacon grease and drippings!
- In the same pan, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add cabbage, salt, pepper, paprika and mix everything together. Cook for about 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Add bacon back into the pan and mix it together with the cabbage and serve warm.