How to Make Instant Pot Chili
2 pounds beef chuck cut into 1 inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic
1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
2 4.5 ounce cans green chilies
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
Shredded cheese cilantro, sour cream for serving
- the beef with salt and pepper. Select "browning/saute" on your electric pressure cooker and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and brown the beef in small batches, about 5 minutes. Add more oil as needed until all the meat is browned. Transfer browned meat to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon more oil into the pressure cooker pot and onion. Saute 3 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in the beef broth, tomatoes, beans, green chilies, chili powder, tomato paste, and cumin. Stir in beef.
- Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 25 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and finish with a quick pressure release.
- When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Stir in the tortilla chips and let rest for 10 minutes, uncovered, to thicken.
- Serve topped with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and more tortilla chips as desired.