How to Make Irish Soda Bread
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt or 2 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in your buttermilk and stir until it just comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a smooth ball. Dust the outside with flour and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to slash a 1-inch deep cross on top of the loaf.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.