How to make Mexican Skillet Steak
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds flank steak 1 cut
Pico de Gallo
2 cups diced roma tomatoes or quartered cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced red onion
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
2 tablespoons lime juice
salt to taste
1-2 avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, white vinegar, olive oil, jalapeno, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the steak into a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the meat. Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pico de gallo by combining tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice in a bowl. Toss together and salt to taste.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat. Cook your steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches medium-rare. Turn off the heat and let steak rest in skillet 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and slice against the grain.
- Return the steak to the skillet if desired and scoop in pico de gallo and top with sliced avocado, or serve it all separately.