How to Make Stromboli
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced Italian cold cuts or pepperoni
- 1-1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In bowl of stand mixer whisk together water, sugar and yeast . Add in flour and salt and with dough hook mix on medium speed just until dough comes together.
- Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400. Turn dough out onto lightly floured piece of parchment paper and roll out into a large rectangle.
- Spread your pizza sauce over dough until about 1" away from edges. Top with sliced cold cuts or pepperoni and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up cinnamon roll style and transfer parchment paper to a baking sheet. Brush with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle with parmesan and parsley.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve hot with extra pizza sauce if desired.