How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
6 whole bell peppers any color
3/4 to 1 pound lean ground beef
1 white onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup cooked white rice
1 cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheesedivided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Trim the tops off each bell pepper and remove seeds and membrane from inside. Place the bell peppers into the prepared pan.
- In a large skill over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Drain any excess fat or liquids. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, cooked rice, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers until full. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned.