Lamb Leg Roast
Prep Duration: 20 minutes
Cooking Duration: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Total: 2 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: 8 – 10 servings
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Insert both probes of your Smartro Digital Cooking Thermometer in the thickest areas of the lamb, avoiding bones. Set to your desired doneness (rare, medium, well done etc.) on the thermometer. Place into oven and roast until the thermometer alerts for doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.