Soda Marinated Steak Kebab
2 pounds beef sirloin steak
1 cup soda Sprite, Dr. Pepper, or Coca Cola
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Red or Green Bell Peppers
- Cut steak into even, bite-sized cubes. Transfer to a gallon sized resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in soda, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt. Seal the bag up tightly and squish everything around in the bag to make sure it is combined. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove steak from bag and discard marinade.
- Thread steak and vegetables onto skewer. Alternate ingredients to your liking. Be sure not to cram them all together. Leave a little bit of space in between them to allow for even cooking.
- Grill over high heat until the meat is cooked to your desired level of doneness (I prefer medium rare which is 130-135 degrees F).