Southwestern Style Pasta with Jack Link's Jalapeno Sausage
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 12 oz package Jack Link's Wild Side Sausages sliced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and a half or heavy cream
- 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz can dice green chiles
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15.25 oz can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro for garnish
Add olive oil to a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add onions and cook until softened.
Add the cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes (if using) and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about a minute).
Add the sliced Jack Link's Wild Side Sausages, and cook another minute.
Add chicken broth, half and half, tomatoes, chiles, pasta, and seasonings.
Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Add the black beans and sweet corn and heat for a few minutes, until beans and corn are warmed through.
Test for seasonings, and adjust as necessary.
Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Top with chopped cilantro, and serve.