Standing Rib Roast
4 Bone Rib Roast
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Steak Rub
1 Tablespoon Rosemary finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Sage finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Thyme finely chopped
6 cloves Garlic minced
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰; add a couple chunks of seasoned pecan wood to
the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- French the ends of the rib roast by trimming away 1 ½-2” of meat between each bone (you canask your butcher to do this as well). Truss the roast with butcher twine.
- In a small bowl combine the AP Rub, Steak Rub, rosemary, sage, thyme, and garlic.
- Coat the outside of the rib roast with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the outside.
- Place the rib roast bone side down on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches
125 degrees. Use a probe thermometer to monitor internal temperature.
- Remove the roast from the smoker and loosely cover with aluminum foil for at least 20 minutes.
To serve: carve the bones away from the rib roast and place it cut side down on the cutting
board. Slice the roast into desired slices and serve.