Summery Tuscan Chicken Orzo
- 2 cups plain or whole wheat orzo uncooked
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into thin cutlets
- 2 Tbs Tuscan seasoning (recipe linked below)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2.5 oz baby arugula
- 2 Tbs sundried tomato pesto
- 1 Tbs grated parmesan optional
Cook orzo according to package directions.
Meanwhile, season your chicken with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Tuscan seasoning.
Heat olive oil in a skillet, and cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
In the same skillet, add the red and yellow peppers, and saute until softened - about 3 minutes.
In the last minute, add the cherry tomatoes.
Drain the orzo, add the pesto and stir through.
Add the cooked vegetables to the orzo, and mix.
When ready to serve, add the arugula to the orzo mixture, and divide between plates.
Slice the chicken breast, and place on top of the orzo.
Sprinkle with parmesan.