Tomahawk Ribeye Steak
2.5 – 3lb Tomahawk Ribeye Steak
2 TBS Killer Hogs The AP Rub
1 TBS Killer Hogs Steak Rub
1 Stick Butter
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 bunch Fresh Rosemary
1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
1 head Garlic peeled
- Apply medium to heavy coat of Killer Hogs The AP Rub or your favorite seasoning to all sides of the ribeye and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare PK Grill or other charcoal grill for 2 zone cooking.
- After the steak rest for 30 minutes apply a light coat of Killer Hogs Steak Rub and sear over the hot side of the grill for 2.5 minutes then twist and cook an additional 2.5 minutes to form grill marks on the steak. Flip the steak over and repeat this process.
- Move the steak to a raised rack over the cool side of the grill and stick a probe thermometer into the center of the loin set for desired doneness.
- Place a shallow aluminum pan directly under the steak and add butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil.
- Baste the steak with the butter mixture every 10 minutes until it reaches desired doneness.
Rest the steak for at least 10 minutes on the cutting board or platter before serving.