Prep Duration: 15 minutes
Cooking Duration: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
- 5 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Insert the probe of your thermometer in your banana loaf. When the center of your bread is baked through, a thermometer will register between 200°F/93°C and 205°F/96°C. No part of your loaf should be below 200°F/93°C — except perhaps the very top, which may produce an unreliable reading due to the thermometer’s tip being partially exposed to room-temperature air.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.